The course analyses in-depth strategies and managerial practices adopted by medium-size firms competing in the global market. Some of these companies reached leadership positions within their own sector, and their brands are globally well-known.
Through the analysis of successfull case studies, the course will emphasize the role of creativity and entrepreneurship in defining the strategy of the top management team, as well as the role of innovation policies in competing around the world. Additionally, the course aims:
- to increase number and value of co-operations and contacts between Italy and India, as well as business relations;
- to contribute to international competitiveness of selected Companies in India through Human Resources training and strengthening of managerial skills;
- to foster managerial skills of Participants by sharing knowledge from different environments and by taking advantage of the different experiences in Italy and India in terms of SMEs, industrial districts, infrastructures, fairs and public administrations;
- to present and, at the same time, to promote the social-economic system of the Veneto area.
The Course is addressed to a group of 10 Participants who are Indian managers or entrepreneurs operating in any economic sectors and have international business experiences.
The proposed initiative features 5 days of academic lectures and corporate study-tours in Winter 2011, as well as unique tourism and cultural opportunities in Venice and Venice area.
After a brief introduction on the main trends in the global competition, the course will focus on three areas:
- Entrepreneurship – what are the personal characteristics and skills which foster entrepreneurial and managerial performances and enhance firm competitiveness; how to develop and improve these skills;
- Business Models – how enterprises work, deal with the competitors and, generally speaking, compete in the global economy; which activities firms perform, how they perform them, how they create superior customer value (low cost or differentiated products) and put itself in a position to appropriate the value;
- Creativity & Innovation – what are the organizational processes which improve the ability to innovate products and services; what skills are needed to increase the orientation to innovation.
Study tours to companies situated in the Veneto area are also scheduled. Companies will be selected according to participants’ interests and profiles.
For any further information please contact CUOA Executive Education
Tel. 0444 333705; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org