21.04.2021 - 27.04.2021
Duration: 6 hours, 3 live lessons
Date and time: 21, 23 and 27 April, 2021 | from 6.00 to 8.00 PM CET
Trainer: Paolo Aversa
Over the last decade, digitization has led to a dramatic reduction in the costs of creating, transmitting and consuming information along with the development of novel solutions to manage and process it. This emergence of technology-based information management has not only changed the business environment as we knew it, but even altered the rules of competition in the market. To thrive in an environment that is increasingly hypercompetitive and uncertain, managers need to first understand and then unlock the competitive advantage that technology can bring to their business.
This course aims to target this goal by integrating knowledge at the crossroad between technology management and business and corporate strategy, offering a guide on how to use technology to create and capture value from a business idea. This is particularly valuable in turbulent times such as those where the Pandemic Covid-19 virus is forcing several companies to convert their activities and considering more closely the online business opportunities.
● Understand the key drivers of competitive advantage via business model innovation and diversification
● Learn how to define and classify every business model
● Understand the strategic implications for firm growth and competition in standard and turbulent times
● Master a structured process of strategic business model design and implementation
● Understand how to reduce risk and maximize synergies across business model portfolios via diversification
● Learn how to identify and overcome key challenges of business model innovation.
First session - 2 hours: Business model and strategy
▪ Introduction to the session.
▪ Aligning strategy and business model.
▪ Business model identification and classification: An exercise to correctly define the company’s business model and its strategic position in relation to competitors.
▪ Business model change: A creative exercise to identify a large set of options to innovate the business model.
Second session - 2 hours: Business model innovation
▪ Business model change and innovation: how to change your business model to outperform your competitors.
▪ Business model and digital technologies: how can to get the best from digital transformation.
▪ Platform strategy and ecosystems: ow can you company use them to its advantage.
Third session - 2 hours: Business model diversification
▪ Business model diversification: how to a powerful portfolio of business models.
▪ Supply-side complementarities: How to enhance the synergies between resources and capabilities within a firm’s business model portfolio.
▪ Demand-side complementarities: How to improve the value for the consumer across a portfolio of business models.
▪ Business model portfolio implementation, monitoring and optimization. How to create an essential strategic plan to execute the selected business model innovations.
Our approach to online learning
This course is part of our special catalogue of online training courses.
The catalogue includes live courses only, offered in synchronous mode, as we particularly value and prioritize the direct interaction and discussion between participants and trainers.
Courses are designed, delivered and managed according to the distinctive quality and service standards of CUOA’s offering: you will be effectively engaged with trainers and participants, as well as with a CUOA dedicated team who will support you in all phases of distance learning. To ensure the highest engagement, a limited number of seats is available, and early registration is recommended. Furthermore, a didactic space specifically reserved for your virtual classroom will be at your disposal on our learning platform. At the end of each lesson, teaching materials, operational tools presented by the trainer, exercises and reference bibliography will be shared to allow you effectively reach your learning objectives.
Finally, CUOA will support you in assessing your learning providing you with a final evaluation feedback. A CUOA participation certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
- Individual non-holder of V.A.T. Number: € 270,00 V.A.T. included
- Company or Professional, holder of V.A.T. Number: € 270,00 + V.A.T. (22%)
- CUOA Founding/Supporting Member; CUOA Master Current students and Alumni; Past and current Students of executive courses of over 60 hours: € 170,00 + V.A.T. (22%)
- Former Student of CUOA-IBS International Winter/Summer Programs: € 135,00 V.A.T. included.
The course will be activated upon reaching a minimum number of enrolled students in order to guarantee the quality and relevance of learning dynamics.
Registration and payment methods
To proceed with registration and payment please request the registration form by filling out the information request form here below.
We can deliver this course specifically for your company
CUOA Business School offers tailor-made training projects that are designed on companies specific needs.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, or to schedule a call, please write to email@example.com